Custom - Multi Dimension (Frame Phase)
Straight to the point... Let your participants generate many ideas around a set of pre-defined topics.
When to use it:
When you want an easy and quick exercise to generate many ideas around a set of different topics. If you have a single, concise topic, or want to keep your audience on a specific one, use the Custom - single dimension activity instead.
How to set up Custom Multi Dimension:
- Before the workshop, add the activity to your agenda and head straight into the configuration panel.
- Here, you will have to write down the context words against which participants will submit their thoughts for discussion. Remember to use terms that are easily understandable to your audience. Write down the plural version of your context words, and hit submit. Below, you will see a quick preview of how the activity instructions will look like in the live session.
For example, if you are meeting up with your innovation team to brainstorm ideas for a new product value proposition, your context word will be 'Customer pain', 'Customer gain', 'Customer job' ('Customer pains', 'Customer gains', and 'Customer jobs' will be the plural). And it will look like this 👇
Keen on prioritizing the output of this activity? Head to the 'Choose evaluation' tab and select one among the evaluation activities available. This way your team will be able to collectively prioritize the ideas among the ones generated.
How it works during a live session:
- First participants will generate ideas by assigning them a title and description against one of the context words you have defined.
- Once the participants have finished submitting ideas, the host can go through the next step, review. Here you can discuss, refine and enhance the inputs submitted. Apply any edits to the idea cards and proceed to the next step.
- If you have chosen an evaluation activity, participants will rank/score/vote their preferred ideas, and you will be able to then review the results. If there is no evaluation activity, you will automatically proceed to the last step:
- Time to create some themes! Cluster the idea created into different themes that participants will use for a structured idea creation in the next stage.
Recommended time: 15-30 minutes. It really depends on the number of ideas generated and the depth of the discussion on the review of the results.
Number of participants: 3-20+. This activity easily suits all different types and sizes of audiences.
Would you like to know what's next on Axis roadmap? Take a look, vote and watch the upcoming features and template here