How to use Complete the Statement
When to use it:
When you want your participants to display unconstrained thinking as they frame the context for change. This is a good one to use for open questions that enhance creativity.
How to set up Complete the Statement:
- When you are in set-up, add the activity to your session's agenda. The configuration will be mandatory: click Configure.
- Once you are in the activity's configuration, select one of the available statements. Alternatively, type the one you prefer (for example: 'The best movie I've seen this year is...')
- If you want participants to prioritize the ideas that will be submitted, select an Evaluation activity from the 'Choose Evaluation' configuration tab. The default one is Forced Ranking, but you can change it (or option out completely)
- If you want to provide an example for your participant to refer to during the live session, pre-add an idea with such input in the next configuration tab (i.e. 'Pulp Fiction')
- If you want to pre-define themes to group ideas by, go onto the pre-add themes configuration tab and insert them (i.e. 'Drama', 'Action')
How it works during a live session:
- On the first step of the activity, participants will submit their ideas by inserting a title and a description. If you have pre-added any idea during the setup, it will appear on participants' screens here
- When you proceed to the next steps, you will review the ideas submitted. This is a great moment to open the conversation to discuss the inputs, refine them and discard any possible duplicate
- When you are done with the discussion, you'll go into the Evaluation activity (if you have selected one)
- After that (or in absence of Evaluation), you will go into the Theme creation. Here you will be able to group ideas by dragging and dropping them into the right panel to create themes; themes will help you guide and structure the Creation stage. If you have pre-added any themes during setup, they will appear here.
Recommended time: 5-30 mins
Recommended number of participants: 3-20+